For those of you who got the IUD

When you got it did it hurt?
Who much did you bleed afterward?

My friend got hers 4m ago and she had her baby vaginally with no meds and said it hurt worse then child birth and that she bleed horribly after. I go tomorrow and was wondering if I should ask a friend to go with me to drive me home cause I dont handle pain well.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what iud r u geting?
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 2:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• the mirenna(SP?)
    Anonymous

• I got the Mirena...and it hurt a little, but I was able to drive. It feels more like cramping...kind of like period cramping than anything. But I will tell you that I bled (spotted) non-stop for a period of 8 months afterwards. I have had it for almost a year now, and the non-stop bleeding has stopped but I do still have periods (some people claim that they don't have periods at all after having the Mirena for awhile). Give it a shot, though. You might be one of the millions of ladies that really love it. :)
    MammaKittie

Answer by MammaKittie at 3:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• It does not hurt worse than child birth. It is more uncomfortable than painful. I bled only for maybe a week after. I was able to drive home afterwards. I took a motrin an hour before having it inserted so it helped a lot with any pain and discomfort. Do go into it being scared cause it will be worse that way. It is a great BC!
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 3:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• If you don't handle pain well, I suggest maybe taking some Tylenol before the procedure. I have a very high pain tolerance (except when I stub my toe...imagine that), and my IUD didn't hurt one bit. Well, there was a few seconds of mild cramping, but compared to childbirth? Psssh. It was a breeze. I did bleed a bit after, but I hemorrhaged very badly after I had my baby (was very close to having a hysterectomy if they didn't control it), so that was the cause for my bleeding. Spotting afterward is normal, so make sure you wear "full" panties and bring a pad (some docs have them for ya).
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• ok thanks.
    Anonymous

• Sorry I meant a month. I bled for a month after having my mirena put in
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 3:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i have that and it was hell the first 3 days but after im good i dont have spotting or periods i love it but have ur man wear condoms cause ur kitty will bite lol
    Anonymous

• I got it and was able to drive home. I just hurt like cramps. I spotted for like 4 months but it is totally normal. My husband can feel the string sometimes during sex too. It can also get a lil stinky down there from the spotting, just let ur doc know when you go back for your check up and he can give you a script fr it.
    Anonymous

• I must share my experience.The first time I had it was after 4 weeks of delivery.I was advised to take a tylenol before coming for the visit. It did not pain, i was able to walk back to my home. The bleeding was there for about 3 days. Then after 2 months I got my periods and the flow was normal, i suspected something wrong got an appointment and when they checked they said the iud was not in the place where it was supposed to be!! I had my pregnancy test taken and then had my second iud - this time it pained but let me tell you it is bearable. Dont forget to take a pad with you, most docs have them.
    Anonymous