why i feel nausea,not feeling good everytime i take prenatal vitamins ?,should i continue it?

step_mom78

Asked by step_mom78 at 2:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Make sure you take them on a full stomach, and maybe try taking them shortly before bed so you just sleep through the nausea. Another option is to take 2 Flinstone vitamins a day, one with breakfast and one with dinner. Or take one Flintstone vitamin and an extra folic acid pill every day (with food). Folic acid is really the most important thing in the first weeks, especially if you generally eat a well-balanced diet.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My doc gave me the flinstone option. I was taking the prenatal vitamins with the fish oil, it was horrible, I'd burp up fish flavor while I was already nauseas.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I took prenatals with my 1st. My 2nd I was sick everytime I took them full stomach or not. I took flinstones instead when I could. My baby came out fine. Now here I'm prego again, this pregnancy I was throwing up for what seemed forever, like about 15 weeks. I didnt even attempt the prenatals. I took flinstones again when I could. Im feeling better now, next week Im going to try prenatals again. but my doc said even taking my kids vitamins was something. your baby will be fine, they'll take whatever nutrients they need from you.... if you are feeling dizzy or light headed I would then check to see if you need Iron. to make sure you dont become anemic.... congrats on the baby!!
    Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 3:09 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• You should try another brand - some brands just don't sit right with some women...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Try taking the pre-natals before you go to sleep. If not try and take 2 flintstones vitamins. Some women I know had to take the flintstones because even if they took pre-natals at night they were still nauseus. Hope that helps.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• you are nauseous because you are pregnant! congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• EAT FIRST SEE IF HELPS
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 11:35 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• For alot of women the calcium and iron combined makes them sick. Too high of a dose, the counteract and make you throw up. That was my issue with the pre-natals.
    sharnos

Answer by sharnos at 6:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I couldn't take them when i was pregnant they also made me sick so i ask my doctor and he told me to try taking flintstone vitamins they won't make you sick like the others. hope this helps
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 1, 2009