Teething!!

I might just lose my sanity before my son cuts all of his teeth!
It's terrible!
He is almost 9 months old and already has his two front bottom teeth and is now cutting his two front top teeth. He is the fussiest wreck ever! He wont sleep and all he does is fuss all day.

Any advice? Solutions? Ideas on how to get him to stop fussing?

I've tried teething tablets, orajel and baby motrin. None really work that well.

Laurr24

Asked by Laurr24 at 3:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• give him a cold wet rag to chew on, have you tried letting him teeth on biter buscuits
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:15 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• It gets better simply because they get a little used to it.
    Don't hesitate to give him teething tablets and motrin, especially at bedtime. The tablets help take the edge off of his fussiness and the motrin helps dull the pain so he can sleep.
    For the day time just be sure to have a large variety of teething toys.

Four down, 16 to go! It's hell and you come to hate those little pesky teeth playing peek-a-boo for months but it's over by age 3.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:16 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My oldest was like that and I was told to try freezing a wash cloth for them to teeth on. It surprisingly helped.
    MyLove

Answer by MyLove at 3:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• DO NOT USE ORALJEL!!!! It can make their gums tight and harder to get out!!! I am a dental assistant... Try to give him the teething tablets then motrin like you are, and put him in his highchair and give him a freeze pop! My daughter is teething too and drives me nuts, but she love freeze pop time! Its cold and tastes good. Sorry i dont have more info for you! i know your pain LOL Good luck!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 6:12 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Try some frozen fruit in a mesh feeder (cut up some apple or something sweet and put it in the freezer). The cold will help numb it plus it'll taste good so she'll work on it for awhile. You could try Gripe Water..it works for mine sometimes. Also, I picked up some stuff called Camilia when I was in Toronto that works pretty well for teething. It is an herbal thing but it seems to help her sleep if I use it right before bed. Other than that...it'll pass. I know it is difficult!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2009