SICK SICK SICK 4 months

I am officially four months pregnant and things seem to just be getting worse...I hate that I feel like I am complaining all the time. But this last week has been PURE hell! I wake up to throwing up and horrible migraines and then go to bed with it ten times worse!! I can't keep anything down and am crying all the time. I have gone to my ob and he says he has given me everything he can. I am taking zofran for nausea, does NOTHING, phenergan, again does NOTHING...and then for migraines, vicodin somedays when I just cant take it and then now the doctor has put me on darvoset! I feel like I am at wits end and am exhausted from feeling this way. Please can anyone tell me when or if this gets better and if there is anything that I haven't mentioned to help my symptoms even just become mild instead of so horrific. Oh another thing, I popped blood vessels all around my eyelids for strain from puking so hard....please o please help me

MOMMYHINZE

Asked by MOMMYHINZE at 3:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Can they try the Zofran pump? I had the pills but knew a mom w/twins that had to be on the pump. It was the only thing that helped her. I'm assuming the old standbys of crackers, lemon drops, ginger, sea sick bands are offering no help? Just try to eat tiny amounts & talk yourself into thinking you feel better. I really had to do this...psych myself up to get in the shower at 2pm, pep talk myself into eating, even if it would probably come back up. It's rough but you'll get through it.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• You know I had this with my first and they put me in the hospital for a few days thats how I found out that I had a heart murmur they said this is why I had such bad head aches. They gave a sleeping pill and a tylenol 800mg I think it was ambien CR and this worked for my head. I thought hell no this is not going to work tylenol but it worked. As for the being sick try IMERTEROL OTC it taste like ass but it work sometimes for me. Good Luck and Stay strong.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 3:30 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i know this sounds terrible but i had all the same problems. i didnt gain weight i actually lost 30 pound. we tried every med. they even prescribed some pills they give to chemo patients for thier nasuea. after nothing working and i still could not gained weight my doctor and i tlaked about smoking pot when i ate. the risks are low if there are even any. and the risks of not nurishing the baby are very great. i smoked before my meals and when i woke up. just a little not like chiefin up all day. a few hits. i wasnt much of a smoker before i was pregnant but i was able to gain 20 of the 30 pounds i lost. also i took vicodin and it didnt help at all with the naseua but my headaches and pains from my kidney stones went away. im sorry that u have to go through this it is terrible and now im pregnant again. three months after my son was born!! ha
    adamalory

Answer by adamalory at 7:43 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• you're not alone. nothing helped me. sorry can't help you. i can only say that things get better after you have the baby. although, i did have a 9 day 24/7 migrane, unbelievable, it was terrible. thought it was something serious like an aneyorism but turned out it was hormonal changes. neurologist said 33% of women will experience the worse migraine about 3 weeks after birth. so if you think your migranes are bad now, uh-oh. I really hope you don't get that. It was awful.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2009