Did your first pregnancy...

Ever make you feel like you NEVER wanna be pregnant again!.

I know for myself that if its not one thing going on, its the next.
I have SOO much anxiety while pregnant about whether or not my baby is ok, is she moving? heartbeat? healthy?....
I feel like i gained 100000 lbs lol.
I just want her here! ha.

But sometimes i think in my head, im NEVER getting pregnant again lol. This is my first pregnancy and its been ROUGH.

Anyone else thought this one time or another ha. & did you have more kids?

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I can't stand being pregnant! I love feeling the movement, and hearing the heartbeat at the dr. appts, but I really can't wait to be done. I miss being able to fit into my normal clothes, and not feeling so huge. I don't feel awful being pregnant this time around. First one was worse due to swelling. But yes in the end its all worth it. I will not do it again tho. 9 months just seems too long.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• To be honest I did have these thoughts at times during my pregnancy. Although I've only had one baby that is not stopping me from having any more! I know some times are rough, but you will get through it!!! Keep your spirits high!
    nel2359

Answer by nel2359 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My first pregnancy and this one, my second, both make me feel that way, lol. I despise being pregnant. But I want six kids, so hey, I've got to suck it up, right!? The end result is so well-worth it. I'd suffer 100 months of pregnancy to have more beautiful babies!
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 3:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• This is my fourth pregnancy and even though 2 of them were very difficult resulting in one micro preemie and one still birth I know it is worth it. I just have to look at my one living son and know that I will still have more even after this one. Once you hold that baby in your arms you will know that you would do it all over again.
    Anonymous

• I had those thoughts while I was pregnant especially in the first trimester... I had so much anxiety especially about miscarrying! In the second trimester I was very happy. My only worries were about finances... the third trimester however I was huge, bloated, wadding, had the mommy butt going on, etc etc. I had the anxiety that my child wasn't going to be cute and that I wasn't going to love him. Honestly, as soon as I had him and he was out, my sister asked me if it was worth it and I said every moment and that I want more children... just not quite yet lol. I think every pregnant woman swears that she'll never have more children.. 99% of them would do it again :)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 4:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I'm totally in the same boat. We've had so many complications with this pregnancy, and since it's our first (and I'm no spring chick myself) I just don't know if we can mentally and physically go through it again. There are pros and cons to just having one, and for us the pros outweigh the cons.

Remember, this is your family and only you know what's best for it. A lot of my family members cannot believe that we only want one, and they give us a lot of unsolicited advice about it.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 4:26 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I hated being pregnant the whole time I was the first time and I swore I would NEVER EVER have another baby and everyone kept telling me "oh yes you will once you see how wonderful the result of pregnancy is" and I was like nooooo way and less that two years later I wanted number two soooooooo bad that I literally begged my DH haha so I think when pregnancy is hard that is just normal feelings but it is worth it.
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 5:18 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My first pregnancy was very painful. I was bleeding internally in between the uterus and placenta for the first 4 months. Had preterm contractions (2 minutes apart at 32 weeks) was put on meds and bed rest. Ended up with a c-section at 40 w & 3 d pregnant. Even though it was really tough on me physically and emotionally. I'm pregnant with my second. I'm considered high risk because I was going through preterm complications at 22 weeks, much earlier than last time, no bleeding this time around thank GOD but I believe being pregnant is such a blessing. Our kids are such miracles. Although, I can't wait until my second child is born. I will try for a VBAC in May.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 10:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I am only 9 1/2 weeks and I already asked if I could never get pregnant again after this one!! I know that it should all go away soon, so im jsut waiting it out, but ive been hugging the toilet every 15-20 minutes every single day, i work at a job where its stressful, but cant quit b/c of money problems, i feel like im going to pass out every time i walk somewhere, constipation is not fun!! Its so so so bad!! But hopefully it will pass, they have put me on EVERYTHING for morning sickness and nothing seems to work =(
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 8:57 AM on Feb. 27, 2009