The baby heartbeat

I want to the doctor and still can not find the baby heartbeat but when we do a sono there it go and the baby acting up and there. I'm not a big girl and this is the 1st time cause with my girl it was not hurt finding there heartbeat at 13 weeks.
I'm 18 weeks and 1 day and the doc tell me everything is o.k. but I do not feel like it is what should I do??

Mz.PhatPhat

Asked by Mz.PhatPhat at 3:47 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If your DR says that everything is ok and not to worry, then take their word for it. As long as the heartbeat is showing up on the sonogram and everything else is fine, then you are fine.
    They rushed me in when I was about 18-19 weeks because they could not find the heartbeat, but found it on the sonogram...and everything is fine.
    Sometimes the baby is just sitting in a funny spot, or is too far back to be able to hear it.
    As long as the Doctor is not worried, you should try not to either.
    Best of luck to you!
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 3:52 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Its fine if the found it on the sonogram. If it wasn't there they would have been able to find it at all,
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 3:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• we always have to do a sono cause we never hear the heartbeat this is not the 1st time this is all the time.
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 3:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Honestly, it sounds like your doctor just doesn't know how to find a heartbeat without a sono. At 18 weeks, I could find my sons heartbeat with a doppler on my own and I was 30 pounds over weight.
    Anonymous