Please feel free to use the anon key. . . this is a personal question. . .

I'm interested to know how much personal finances play into the feelings about the "wealthy" having their taxes raised. I'd like to know how much you make, how many kids you have, and whether or not you feel the new program is fair.

I know it's personal, so if you don't want to answer kindly pass on. . .I just have a theory. . .

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 4:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No anonymous key necessary. In our case, our income is irrelevant in one way. We used to be in debt to the point that our payments ate up our whole check, which was very good, as income goes. We wised up and cut up the cards and quit charging anything. Now, we probably make about the same if you consider inflation, but we have paid off our house and have no bills, along with some savings. So, now, if DH gets laid off, which he won't, we can make it easily on half his pay.

As for the class struggle that is emerging, all according to the president's desires and plans, it's ridiculous to get upset at the local wealthy (not globalist billionaires who are pulling governmental strings) for wanting to keep what they have. I want to hear something from the first person on here who ever got a job from a poor person.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 4:09 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I'll start. We make just over 50 a year, and think the whole thing is a crock of sh**. We have two kids with one on the way.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• We make about 115K a year, one kid (but we don't get to claim her her biomom does because she's the one paying us child support - it's standard here....)

I think it's a crock - I feel like our government is against us not for us. Forget if you're for obama or not because, he's not for you!
    Anonymous

• 30K, five kids. Not on PA. I don't think I understand it enough to comment on the tax system.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:04 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• we make around 30 a year together and our expecting our first.
    i think its a bunch of cra* myself its not gonna work.
    Anonymous

• We have 4 incomes and it varies greatly year to year. We can make $125,000 one year and $175,000 the next. We work off of percentages so it varies greatly. We have 3 kids, and I don't think anything Obama does is Fair or Equal.
    The problem here is that we have no home interest to deduct, just business, my daddy built our home years ago as we paid for it, we never had a loan.
    Anonymous

• I personally plan to be making $250.000 a year in the future and I can tell you this is totally possible because I work in a specialized medical field that is still thriving even in our current economic situation. I think it's a bunch of bs that the people who work hard and make money are now the bad guys in this country. Wtf happened to the american dream. Now the american dream is to take from the people who have and give to the the have nots who don't even have jobs. It makes me sick.
    Anonymous

• 30K but struggling because of medical bills and school loans. Niether of us finished school so we dont make enough to pay these bills AND we can't get money to finish.

I am all for whatever the gov't feels is necessary to bring more people to the middle class category.
    Anonymous

• We made $60,000 last year including my husband's re-enlistment bonus, only $24,000 in actual income though. We are not on PA and we have 2 kids and a dog :)
    Anonymous

• The problem with the American Dream is that it has always been to kill others dreams in the process!! Too many rich people in America got rich off of a poor persons back and struggles!!!
    Anonymous