My 9 year old girl is looking for a boyfriend HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• shes getting to be that age. just set rules and go from there.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I agree that rules are in order... You can't stop a child from trying to imitate what she sees at school, on T.V., in movies, etc. so you either have to remove them from the atmosphere that is causing the accelerated "growing up" (i.e. public school) or go with the flow and lay some ground rules.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 4:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i wasn't allowed to date till I was 16. there has to be something you can do to stop her
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 5:09 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• calm down. Where was she when she last had him?
    Anonymous

• It's OKAY. Around that age, even if they do end up with a boyfriend. They giggle about it and ignore each other for a few days. Then they "break up." It's cute, and nothing to worry about.
    A.W.96

Answer by A.W.96 at 8:25 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• She is 9. Tell her Mommy does not agree with you having a boyfriend at this age. You are to young and the feelings you are feeling are normal but they must be reserved for later. And for the A. W 96 kids that do that find it easier and eaiser the next time to have a boyfriend or girlfriend. if you think that is cute your in for some major problems later when your child decides they really dont care what you have to say if they want a boyfriend they are going to have a boyfriend.

You as a parent can make that decision of dating for her. Personally my children wont be allowed to date I believe In courtship. where you dont go around kissing each person you like and actually wait till marriage.. My sister in law was with her husband now for 3 years and when they got married they hadnt kissed or anything.. and let me tell you it wasnt easy for them but now they are so blessed.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 8:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Its fine and normal. My DD is 8 and a half and every week she has a new boyfriend. What that means is that they giggle, he may sit by her at lunch, and then break up. I explain that its just a friend, but because its a boy she considers it a boyfriend!!! I had a "boyfriend" in Kindergarten and I still listened to my parents when I was in high school so dont worry...
    jajumommy2000

Answer by jajumommy2000 at 11:37 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• my 7yr old ds, and 10yr old ds both have "girlfriends" , and 8 yr old dd has a "boyfriend"
    they have bf/gf's they giggle about it, they break up, they're heart-broken for a day, then they have a new bf/gf
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 3:08 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• my son is 10 and i just learned today that he has a girlfriend. they hold hands and eat lunch together they just see each other at school.. no dates. no kissing. set rules. and let them learn about relationships. ( innocent ones) if you find it progressing too far put your foot down fast. but MOST kids are just inocenct at this age. its ok to breathe now. LOL
    allforthelove

Answer by allforthelove at 4:49 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• just let her be. soon she will no that shes fine without one.
    Macara

Answer by Macara at 4:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2009