What if we split the USA into 2 parts and made one side liberal and the other side conservative?

We could split each state in half and we could split the deficit where it was when Bush left office. We could have as big of gov as we wanted, or as little gov as we wanted. We would hold a new election and lets say for arguments sake Obama won for the Liberals and McCain won for the conservatives, we all had to pick now so obviously Obama would have more population. We could keep the current Senators as long as there was one for each party in each state and it would be limited to 2 Senators per state. Would it work? Could one live without the other? Who would pull out of debt faster?

SheriSanchez

Asked by SheriSanchez at 4:19 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No it will not work.
    Anonymous

• We will hav another Civil war on our hand.

Answer by louise2 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Why not? I mean Obama could borrow money from China till his hearts content, I'm sure that all of the liberal rich movie stars would continue to be liberals. Why wouldn't it work?
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 4:26 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• We did that once - the Republicans won. It was called the Civil War. :)
    Anonymous

• Civil war was about freedom, so I guess you could be right, there are those of us that are truly willing to do without for awhile in order to pay our debt off and then there are people like Obama who want to eat the icing first before they bake the cake. But seriously, if we split the debt, why wouldn't it work for real?
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 4:28 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Are there Conservatives who wouldn't mind living under no liberal infusion, I know personally I completely respect everyones rights but if I had to make a choice I would rather live where conservative values were core.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 4:30 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Because one side would have public hangings and crucifixions and the other wouldn't have enough people to turn the lights on for 6 months - haven't you read The Stand? ;)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:30 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I mean it's not like we can't visit our friends, we would just govern our own selves and the current available income from the whole USA would be divided between how the income split between the 2 parties.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 4:31 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• No because the Liberals would realize the educated and those who work were on the Conservative side. With very few working they would not have money for anything. They would want the Conservatives to help them since we are a rich nation now due to sensible tax cuts and cuts in spending. We would say no. They would team up with Iran and nuke us. It just would not work. Sorry.
    Anonymous

• I am talking about now, not a book. Those would be laws that would govern our land, we would both have to start with the constitution and then our elected leaders could choose how it's interpreted.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 4:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2009