What can i do about bloating in the tummy?

i have had this problem for years sometimes i bloat so bad i look 6mths pregnant. any advice?

angels4262

Asked by angels4262 at 4:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Health

• Eating too fast
    * Air swallowing (a nervous habit)
    *Overeating
    *Lactose intolerance
    *Certain food intolerances
    *Irritable bowel syndrome
    *Partial bowel obstruction
    *Constipation
    The above are a list of reasons why a person may bloat, but if it has been going on for years, I would talk to a Dr. about it, it could be IBS, or obstruction.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Yes! I asked the lady at the health food store the same question. She advised me to take Flax Seeds. I sprinkle about 1/4 tsp on some yogurt, starting out. It's probably because you are not having a bowel movement every day. Flax will help. You can up your daily doseage as your body adjusts. Also, avoid any type of carbondated drinks, as this causes excess bloat as well.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:36 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• If you are bloating that much so that you look 6 months pregnant, you need to have a medical diagnosis. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 4:37 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Eat lots of fiber, drink lots of water. A good thing also is plain hot water. I hope it helps, chickie. Feel better. My mom had this issue as well and needed to see a doctor for it.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2009