How long do you cook a pot roast in a crock pot on low?

I was thinking 6 hours on low and then 2 more hours on high. Hubby skipped lunch and wants to eat sooner :) How do you do it?

beckcorc

Asked by beckcorc at 4:31 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• 8 hours on low, and it will be extra tender then. umm, now I am hungry for pot roast.

Answer by Bmat at 4:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• eight hours
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 4:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• All day. I put it in before work at around 7:00 AM, & leave it there until dinner time at around 6:30.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• your way would probably work though.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 4:33 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• On low, I'd have to say 8 hrs. Make sure it has water around it, don't let it dry out. If he wants to eat sooner you can try setting it higher for a few hours, but otherwise tell him to eat a snack.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:33 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I cook mine 4-6 hours on high depending on the size...How long has it cooked so far, is it falling apart easy, it is usually done when it starts to fall apart.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:33 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I put my roast in early in the morning 7 or 8 am.. Cook it on high tell 12 or 1 pm.. The put it on low tell dinner. Then I take the juice it is in and make gravy with it.

Answer by louise2 at 4:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• how big is your roast? that makes a difference... i buy a 3lbs roast and put it in at 12 on high for 2 hours then low til about 6 or 7 and its perfect!! im having that for dinner right now and it smells super yummy!! good luck! just remember its like a turkey size counts...you dont want to cook a 1lbs roast for 8hours! i never cook mine all day! when i make it we dont even use knifes it just falls apart!

woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 8:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I usually leave it in at least 8 hours...longer is fine too...
    surpriseat41

Answer by surpriseat41 at 10:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2009