How can I get the smoke smell out of my pack n' play?

We were given a used pack n' play from a friend. They smoke in their house. I laid my baby in it the other day and just got overwhelmed the smell of smoke. Before she was born I used febreeze on it once a day for about two weeks. It is nice outside today, so I put it out there to see if it will help. Any other ideas?!?

Jadyn09

Asked by Jadyn09 at 4:38 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• thats one of the hardest things to get out of fabric. let it sit outside today and if its nice tomorrow let it sit outside tomorrow to. also soak it down with frebreeze and i think they make one that is for getting out smoke smells. good luck also you could try spraying it down with lysol.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Vinegar and water. put half and half into spray bottle and spray away. It should get rid of the smell and vinegar is a safe disenfectant as well.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:40 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• maybe put some laundry detergent in some water and wipe it down with a cloth? Then wipe it down with a rinsed cloth.
    Anonymous

• at walmart in the auto section they have a cleaner call tough stuff it is what they use to detail cars and it gets smoke smell out very well i had to use it on all the carpets in my new house when we moved in! it works great
    Anonymous