Zoloft+Pregnancy/breastfeeding=safe??

Is this a good idea? My midwife says it will be ok.I would go on zoloft in the 3rd trimester and continue it throughout breastfeeding. I had a truly bad time with my first born. Is this right? has anyone done this? was everything ok?

EZsmom422

Asked by EZsmom422 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• iv been taking zoloft my whole pregnancy and even befor my pregnancy for depression. our baby was a healthy baby and i breastfeed him no problems. your dr isnt going to put you on something thats going to hurt you or your baby.
    Anonymous

• zoloft is one of the safer anti depressants for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding :) but the bit about docs not putting you on things that aren't safe, well that's a lie.. sometimes they don't know, especially when it comes to nursing!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I breastfeed my 3rd boy on Zoloft with no problem. I also went on Zoloft when I was in my 3rd trimester with my daughter and breastfeed her while on it with no problems for them or me.
    mom4jads

Answer by mom4jads at 8:35 PM on Feb. 27, 2009