Uhm... is this creepy or what?

Women that name their miscarried babies.. Ok.. I had a miscarriage earlier this month & thought it was creepy as hell that they're mourning the death of "enter name here"......

these things happen, get over it & try again!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, I have had miscarriages too and I feel this way about it. A lot depends on the situation.....If the pregnancy was very far along that can be a factor, if the person had been trying to conceive for a very long time, if they have had other miscarriages.....and I do think different people grieve in different ways. For me, it has been years since my miscarriages and I had a healthy baby afterwards who is now 11 years old, so honestly I don't think about it anymore and I certainly don't have any strong feelings about those losses. But if I had not been able to conceive or have a family afterwards I am sure I would feel more strongly about those loses. Also, I think most people would have strong feelings about a stillborn baby....that is a whole different category from an early term miscarriage in my opinion. And my opinion doesn't matter to anyone but me!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 4:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Not creepy, people mourn in different ways.
    Anonymous

• So ur saying when u lose a baby u shouldnt name it... so i lost my son at birth i shouldnt name it.. well we have his ashes above r fire place and i think about that baby every day.... it broke my heart i lost one of my twins.... every one mourns differently.... u need to lighten up and stop judging others...
    Anonymous

• i actually think its a healthy way of grieving. regardless of if the child was ever born, it was a baby. miscarriaging is losing a child. its not like riding a bike where whoops you fall off o well lets get back on it no big deal. thats the feeling that i got from your question. im sure you didnt mean it like that but its how you came across. JMO
    Anonymous

• im just curious, was that your reaction when you miscarried? o well these things happen try again later??
    Anonymous

• OP... well there was nothing I could do after I had my miscarriage, except be happy that I already have an awesome daughter. I'm not gonna waste my time grieving over something I hardly ever had.
    Anonymous

• wow, thats cold hearted
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 4:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I am sorry u feel that was from the day a baby is concived it is a living breathing baby... if ur daughter died would u feel the same way about that....?
    Anonymous

• It's a little life lost, of course I would name the baby. I probably would think about it a lot through out my life too. Every life is precious, even those that go to God early on.
    Anonymous

• How is that the same? I'm 100% pro choice and don't think an actual life starts until the kid is born.
    Anonymous