Getting a tubal...

Im 23 will be 24 in September, I just had my baby girl in November and im DONE... I didnt like anything about being pregnant... Didnt like labor lol but who does anyways... My lil girl is it for me... IM POSITIVE. I've had the mirena in for about 2 1/2 months and I dont really like it. Im afraid I could get pregnant on it and I just dont want to take that chance... So my question is for u that have had a tubal, how do they do it? How was recovery? Should my husband take more than 1 day off to help with dd 4months and ss 19months?
Sorry so long thanks!

Adams-Momma

Asked by Adams-Momma at 4:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Health

• I had my tubes done during my c-section, but I know you can have it done with a laparoscope. The doc will make a tiny incision near your tubes and send in the laparoscope to do the work. The recovery time is lots less, obviously.

But, it's cheaper and safer to have hubby get himself a vasectomy.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 4:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Check your OBs office too, mine would not do one on me until after age 25. I tried but they would not do.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Well its free for me cause im indian so thats why im doing it... and I already have signed the papers and everything so they are letting me do it at 23 THANK GOD LOL!
    Adams-Momma

Answer by Adams-Momma at 5:10 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Tubal Ligation is relativly easy. I had one the recovery was just one weekend in bed. BUT: your husband could have a WAY easier operation than for a woman to do it so he should go have his done. For women it's major abdominal surgery and for men it's a simple snip-snip deal in and out. My ex-husband wouldn't do it because he was too scared. No wonder he's my ex.
    lizrider

Answer by lizrider at 6:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I tried to get a tubal done after I had my second child in 1991 when I was 24 years old and was told that the quantity of children was not enough to justify the elective surgery (I wasn't told anything about age). Is that crazy or what!
    When I had my third child in 1993 at the age of 26 in a different town by a different OB she went ahead and did my tubal the day after I gave birth by laparoscopy.
    It was a short procedure, quick recovery, and very little pain.
    I think every OB has a different policy and/or opinion so if you are sure about your decision and do not like the answer your OB gives you, then look around for an OB who will agree.
    Best wishes.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:35 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• To clarify: The tubal was by laparoscopy, not the birth...LOL...it's too early in the morning for me.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:36 AM on Feb. 27, 2009