How many C-sections can a woman safely have?

I've had 2 already (NOT my choice, btw). I would like more children, but I dunno how much my body can take.

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 4:52 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Health

• Most doctors recommend three.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• thats a question you need to ask your dr i think most say no more then 3 but what are they gonna do if you get pregnant. my SIL has 6 children and all by c section.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• my sister-in-law had 3... but I don't know what dr's recommend...
    LondonAsMommy

Answer by LondonAsMommy at 7:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I had 2 and I already know that I don't want to go through that again. I think you should talk with your doctor and consider how you feel about it too:-)
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 11:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I've had 4 and my 4th one was the easiest one to heal from. However, I was unable to get my tubes tied due to the scar tissue and adhesions. The docs couldn't see one of the tubes. My husband got fixed instead.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:50 AM on Feb. 27, 2009