HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT

LEGALIZING ASSISTED SUICIDE?
Do you think some people will use it as a way to get rid of an elderly or sick person who may be a burden?
What about terminally ill people who are suffering and may want this option?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i don't agree with assisted suicides.
    i think what a person does on their own, however, is their own business but i do not believe that it should be legal for someone to assist them.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 5:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Personally i dont agree with it.... When it is ur time it is ur time, no one else should take that power into there hands, it will be miss used and most likely be mistreated
    Anonymous

• I don't agree with it.
    MemawBrie

Answer by MemawBrie at 4:57 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I personally do not like it. I can understand someone suffering because they have a terminal illness but why do they need someone else to do their dirty work? Why not put a bullet in their head? To me, it's just wrong.
    Anonymous

• I don't agree with it but I'm not sure I should prohibit others' from doing it. I do think that it should only be executed with full undrugged consent or a living will if at all.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 5:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i saw on a show called 'snapped" a mother had suffered through 2 sons and i think it was her husband too that had a rare disease, they were normal pple and all of a sudden they became mentally retarted at a certain age and suffered great pain because this disease was taking over thier lives, the son's had ended up in a mental hospital on thier death beds, slowly dieing, they wanted thier mom to put them out of thier misery but as you know, its illegal to take another's life. She one day had brought a gun and shot them.

i think it might of been the best thing she could have done but she was sent to prison and alot of pple thought she was innocent.
    i support it but to a great extent
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I feel two ways about this. Sometimes the quality of life, even with a terminal illness is worth living until that very last breath. On the other hand. If you have ever watched someone you love suffer with brain cancer and they cannot make a decision for themselves let alone live life, then you might think differently.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 5:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I think it depends on if the person is conscious or not. If a person is awake and of sound mind (no dementia or severe impairment) they should be provided access to as many painkillers as they need, with a very thorough instruction of how much is too much, and allowed to make their own choice how much to receive.
    If the person is not conscious, or suffering from dementia or otherwise impaired, it should be determined based on a living will, and I think a living will should be a legal requirement for all adults of voting age.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:04 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• If the person is of sound mind and able to make that decision, then I agree with it. It would have to include legal documents to prove the person really wanted it.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 5:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I think that if God forbid I came down with cancer and was living in misery it should be up to me how I choose to die since I am going to die anyway. I do think there should be regulations on it but I am not against it.

Answer by gemgem at 5:07 PM on Feb. 26, 2009