Toddler "leashes"..... what is your opinion? Would you ever use one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have a cute monkey one for my son. We use it when we are in crowds. He's only two and he could easily be taken the moment our attention is distracted. (Like craft shows, amusement parks.)
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:18 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• No, don't like them and always feel badly for the kids who are in them, but that is just me.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 5:19 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Used one and loved it!
    momof3jll

Answer by momof3jll at 5:19 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• If the pet shop were out of normal leashes, sure, I'm sure my dog wouldn't mind.

On my child? No. Never. It's degrading to both parent and child.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 5:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i have one for my son but hes scared of it...lol. as soon as we put it on him, he throws himself in the floor and cries. lol
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Sure would and sure do use them! My dd is now 4 but was rather rambuctious around 2 and we needed one. Now my grandson is that way and we use one. I dont have an issue with them. I think you can get cute ones and its better then the kid going missing or breaking something.

Answer by gemgem at 5:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i have seen a family member use one, but thier kid is at an age where he can walk and do things his own so it would look funny to hold him, he would just jump out of the cart so honestly one day i saw them and i didnt even know it was them, i quickly glanced at them and said to hubby "i dont blame her for having one of those!" and my god! that kid was dashing for everything! but then we saw it was someone we knew but still......only for kids that REALLY need it!! not just for anyone
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i don't have one and haven't used one but i wouldn't be against using one if i had to many children to hold all they're hands or if i had a child who was prone to running off. I'm sure if we had one, my daughter would love it because it would allow her to be a little bit further from me than she is when holding my hand, but i'm still more comfortable holding her hand. I would definately use one if we were somewhere extremely crowded or if she wanted to but right now i don't have to worry to much about it.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 5:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• So i degraded myself and my child because I didn't want him to dart into the street while carrying his baby brother? Hmm...strong words coming from a woman who's never met me or my kids but whatever. And AshJoe, I shouldn't have had kids? I hope your kids don't get that close minded atitude of yours or they could be in big trouble.
    Anonymous

• "It's not a leash, it's a harness..."

Whatever name makes you feel better about it.
    Anonymous