maybe tmi but I never had this with number one?!

I am 8 weeks and have been really sore in the mornings but I have really bad lower back pain all day and it hurts really bad like I have a lot of pressure in my lower back when I am trying to have a bowel movement. Is it normal to have this so early in pregnancy? My first baby I didn't have back pain until I was over 30 weeks. I know tylenol is safe but what else can I do? are heating pads ok? I remember the first pregnancy they told me not to use heated blankets and such cause it could raise my body temp and make me dehydrate faster?

LOVE2bMOMMY525

Asked by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 5:24 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think heating pads are safe to use.. Every pregnancy is different keep that in mind. If you aren't bleeding or having severe cramps then I wouldn't worry about the back ache. I have bad back aches everyday and i'm only 14 weeks along. Sometimes our body just reacts differently to things. I would stick with just the tylenol! Good Luck!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• IT IS NORMAL, TAKE A WARM BATH OR SHOWER AND U CAN USE A HEATING PAD BUT ONLY PUT IT ON MEDIUM NOT HIGH.... TAKE A LITTLE TYONAL IF THE PAIN IS REAL BAD
    Anonymous

• id call your dr usually and not always but lower back pain that is constent is a kidney infection and just because it doesnt hurt to pee doesnt mean you dont have one. its always better to be safe then sorry and expecially while pregnant. It may be nothing at all but why chance it.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I forgot all about that Mommy2B04, that happened to me 2 summers ago... It didn't hurt to go to the bathroom, but I did have a kidney infection! I never knew your kidneys were located in the back area until that night... when they started tapping on them and I started crying because the pain was soo bad!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 5:35 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• You can use a heating pad on your back. Take hot showers or baths. Try to take it easy b/c it is not going to get any better. I'm 19 weeks with my fourth and some days it just hurts to move. If the pain is unbearable call your dr.
    Anonymous