• In the Spotlight:

How do I ask for a raise??

I work for a family owned office. I have worked here for a year, no benefits and make ten dollars and hour. I sell items at cost as instructed by the family(my boss) so I cannot even make commission on my hard work to make up for not getting a raise. I finally got the courage to mention a raise and I was told that times are tough...sorry. That's fine and all if they did not spend money right in front of all three of us employees on "crap". They ordered a whole new office desk, cabinet and eight chairs when the current ones that were only two years old were still gorgeous!!! Next thing you know, they ordered tacky colored monogrammed shirts for everyone in the office that don't even fit us. The hours are awesome, so it's very mom friendly, so I can't really afford to look elsewhere but I'm not making it here either. How would you handle this situation? Thanks:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• Start your own business.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:27 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Id stay but start looking for another job. Its alot easier to find a better job while still employed.

Answer by gemgem at 5:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Message me, I have a possible solution for your lack of raise situation.

I like what gemgem said - It is easier to look for another job while employed.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:41 AM on Feb. 27, 2009