When you go and check on your little one(s) at night ...

... does you heart stop beating for a second when the thought crosses your head: "What if she's not in bed?" (Somebody sneaked in and took her/ him.)
What a horror vision. I have it sometimes. What about you?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 5:27 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I still worry he's going to be dead in his crib. He's two and past the SIDS average age, but a friend of my husband said they knew a guy who lost his two year old one night. Just up and died. I don't worry about abduction, though.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Never. My 16 month old sleeps in our bed with us at night. Safest place to be.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 5:28 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• yes.. and she sleeps in a bassinet right next to me lol
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 5:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I don't worry about abduction. Our children are on the 2nd floor of the home, the windows are locked, and there is no way up there to begin with. We would have heard someone come in, our house is definitely NOT sound proof by any means. 

I do however, still worry about one of them stopping breathing.  They are 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 and it just worries me sometimes.  I even have to poke my daughter once in a while to make sure that she moves.  My son always sighs when I recover him and kiss his cheek, but my daughter is a sound sleeper.

NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 5:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I've never worried about that. I guess i'm too realistic. ...maybe if we lived in a larger house where things are more spread out. idk.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:35 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Umm yeah Im sure that I have thought about that once or twice but what scares me the most is that Im going to check on my son in the middle of the night and hes not breathing any more. My two year old son sleeps in his crib right next to our bed and I check on him twice during the night. I put my hand over his tummy to make sure hes still breathing. Its just a natural thing for me I guess.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 5:54 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I never worry about that, and I don't go in and check on her at night, we have a video monitor so I just leave her alone.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 6:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Nope, never. I just open my eyes and he's right there. Same with all my kids at this age.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Nope.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:48 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Nope, I don't worry. My floors creak too much and the baby gate at the top of the stairs (we are all on the second floor to sleep) is loud when you open it. I have had the heart stopping moment when I thought "is he breathing?" though.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 9:08 PM on Feb. 26, 2009