this is for the lesbians out there, what is the best way to let your children

what is the best way to let your children know that you will never be with a man again, you tried with their father for 10 years and it didnt work and wasnt happy and now my domestic partner makes me complete so how do you break it down to the tweens

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• well i'm not a lesbian but i think the best thing to do is to be honest about it with your kids! it is going to be who you are for the rest of your life and theirs and there is no reason to sugar coat it and make it out to be something it's not! they are your kids and they will love you for who you are!!! hope it helped at least a little! :)
    kittygurl1234

Answer by kittygurl1234 at 10:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I'm not a lesbian either...but to me it's like any couple that split up and you will not be their father ever again..saying never to a man...well that's a long time...is this your first lesbian affair?? Cause you might be experimenting also..which is okay and I think...depends on the personality of your children how they will except the situation but I truly think that they will love you no matter what
    teddybear112881

Answer by teddybear112881 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Well, sweetie I'm bisexual and tried the lesbian relationship, it didn't work however but I still know what you feel. Exactly as you posted in your question should be exactly what you tell your children.
    Sexymom75

Answer by Sexymom75 at 12:33 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Well, I can't speak from experience because I am not a lesbian.. But, my neices are 10 yrs old and have been taught from the begining that some people are gay and that it is normal. We constantly remind them of how everyone is a person and everyone deserves nothing but complete love and respect, dispite who they love, what they wear, what color their skin is, how smart they are, or how pretty or ugly they are. Hopefully through their younger years you have put effort into teaching them love and respect for everyone, regardless of lifestyles. You don't really have to tell them you will never be with a man again.. all they need to know is that right now this is the person that makes you happy and she is your partner.
    jamie8506

Answer by jamie8506 at 12:39 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• jamie8506...you said it the best...I agree.
    teddybear112881

Answer by teddybear112881 at 12:50 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I wish I knew, I have been with a woman for over 2 years now, I told my teens, no problem, but my younger children I still have not told them. Eh...I just don't think they are ready yet.
    phazed.0ut

Answer by phazed.0ut at 5:34 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• jamie8506... what she said. Answer questions if they have them.
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I am a lesbian with children in a same sex relationship...just be honest with your kids. :-)
    SupersaintDuo

Answer by SupersaintDuo at 1:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2008

• I'm going through the same this and its hard to just be honest
    Rage419

Answer by Rage419 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2008

• I am not sure why you feel the need to talk about your "bedroom habits" with your tween children to begin with? I am a lesbian and mom of a teenage daughter. I have been gay since day one so there was no "surprise your mom is gay" moment, but I can offer you from the prospective of having other tweens and teens react to us. Most don't really care. There are immersed in it and according to my daughter many of her girlfriends are "bi." I laugh and`say they better not be anything at 13. I think alot of my daughter's friends wish they had two moms too. Tell them you like girls more than boys. Leaving the sex out, explain "you like (her name) because of _______ , and _____and she makes you happy." You are stressing too much. They want you happy and a stable environment.

good luck
    socalmoms

Answer by socalmoms at 6:12 PM on Dec. 4, 2008