Why should it be only on those who make more than $250,000 to shoulder the tax burden of Obama's spendfest?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I wonder if they want all wanted Obamanomics.
    Anonymous

• Bc those ppl are making more money and typically pay fewer taxes bc of all the loop holes.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:33 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I don't think it's right for the people who make more than some to have to pay more. I think an equal percentage of income should be used to pay for this stuff.
    Anonymous

• Good HEAVENS outstanding? DId you not read about the woman who said her and her husband earn a bit over 250 K and after taxes thats 160K!!! (that's 90K in taxes) And I bet you she doesn't track taxes like I do (gas tax at the pump, sales tax, entertainment tax, alchol tax, property tax, luxurty tax, utilities fees etc.)

Praying

Answer by Praying at 5:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• nope. didnt read about that woman and i dont really care. she makes more money then my husband and i do even if we DOUBLED our income any my DH is in Iraq right now. go ahead and let her whine about her taxes.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:37 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• actually i thought u paid more in taxes if you made more...

yes they should pay a little more than people who makes less... for as for them spendfest... everyone should have to contribute
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

Oh like those who pay NO TAXES and get all of the government funded programs that they pay for?
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 5:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• yes....90K in taxes is pretty bad (thats like 64% - i dont understand how that is possible but not my point). however, 160 K should me more than enough to care for yourself, your family, and still have plenty for vacations and such. considering my bf and i make less than 30k a year and still provide for our family (his 2 kids from previous marriage, and our new baby plus his parents). we are struggling, but making due. if someone taxed 64% of our income i dont know what we would do. so i get that. but where else do you think he is going to get the money...no one else has any.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 5:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• To Oustanding: Loophole is a term used to make you think they are doing something shady or wrong. LEGAL DEDUCTION, the same kind you get...is the correct term! You have a serious case of class envy. Perhaps you should go to school, get an education and get a job that will pay you enough to not be jealous of the things other people have worked so incredibly hard for!

I think everyone that voted for Obama should have to pay for it. LOL! What % of their income SHOULD they pay to make it fair? Even that group of people COMBINED don't make enough to pay for his spendfest so look out everyone making less than $250K...it will soon be our incomes he is after as well.
    Anonymous

• those ppl on welfare (for example) are limited on how long they can stay on welfare. however, making over 250,000 a year is not something you only get to do for a limited amount of time.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2009