So I just quit smoking and I think its stupid and want to start again....

Ok so Its Lent right....the holiday where you give up something in honor of God and all that...well I gave up smoking....and I'm wanting one really bad. I've been eating more and I'm cranky. I just really wanna smoke....so my question here is....who else is going through quitting or has alrady quit and would like to tell me when it starts getting better cause right now I want one so bad.

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 5:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ok first GOOD FOR YOU!!! KEEP IT UP! It may be hard, but because your on here i am going to take a stab in the dark and say that you have a kid...LOL so not only is it good for you its SO MUCH better for him! No afence to you, but I cant stand when people smoke around their kids or other people because those people are killing more than themselves they are killing the others around them more! so stick to it!!!!! You did it for God! Imagin how he felt when he gave his son to die for us...i bet he wanted to give someone else, but knew it was what he had to do!!!! GOOD LUCK!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 6:16 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• for me it was tough for the first month, especially if i was drinking, i just made sure there were none in the house!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:40 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I guit almost a year and a half ago. ...You will ALWAYS crave a ciggerate. sometimes when i get really upset or after i eat a REALLY big meal i feel that urge. you have to try to stay away from the things that trigger your cravings the most. getting in the car was one of the hardest for me bc there isnt really any way you can avoid getting in your car.
    But after about a week or two the nicotene has completley left your body. After that time it's pretty much mind over matter.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• you will git over the physical addiction within 5 days
    Anonymous

• I NEVER SMOKED BUT FOR YOUR HEALTH PLEASE DON'T GO BACK. MY MOM QUIT ABOUT 6 YEARS AGO AFTER SMOKING FOR 50 YEARS. SHE'S LUCKY SHE NEVER HAD ANYTHING WRONG WITH HER. SHE'S 78 AND DOING FINE. FOR YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM CIGARETTES. I KNOW IT'S EASY FOR ME TO TALK. JUST MY OPINION.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 5:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• It's definately not stupid to quit smoking, it's stupid to smoke. Not only do you not stink like nasty old smoke (whether you noticed it or not, I bet a non-smoker could), you aren't spending money on those little death sticks, and you know all the other obvious health risks that go with smoking... so it's a greta choice. It will be hard but so is anything worth changing for. So hang in there and find other things to do to keep your mind off of it. My friend quit a few months back and starting excercising to keep her mind of of it... So now she is in GOOD shape and not smoking. Now when she feels like one, she just goes walking, running or to the gym
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Ugh i have been smoke free for a month now and sometimes i still want one really bad. just stay strong!!!!
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 5:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i stop for about 3 months then i got pregnant and i smoked for about a week then i lost my baby so i have not done it again but it is really hard when im around it i want one will bad i just have to say no try chewing gum are peppermint
    angel_megan

Answer by angel_megan at 5:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• When my grandmother quit, she invited all her friends over for bridge just to catch the second had smoke LOL. But she only did it a couple of times. But she was in her late 50's at the time. And she quit cold turkey as well. She got over the really bad cravings in a few weeks. She said she always wanted one but she never went back to smoking again. She was a very healthy woman. after that. She lived to be 92 years old.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My hubby says the same things as OutstandingLove. There is a part of you that will always crave one especially if you smell one or hit a trigger of some other kind. Once nicotene is out, its all about mind over matter.

But, in the end you are better off without them and stronger than they are. You will do fine. He quit cold turkey and it took him 1-2 wks to be alright and not need it,etc. He's been "clean" for 10 yrs now.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 6:12 PM on Feb. 26, 2009