Do you still think Obama's plan could possibly work when...

if you took 100% of the income of all people making over $75,000.00 you would just barely pay for everything plus balance the national budget???

Sorry your delightful answers were spontaneously deleted due to a typo - someone who didn't like my question must have reported it asap since I've never seen one deleted so fast. Figures

Praying

Asked by Praying at 5:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• oh hell, here it goes GOVERNMENT WANTS IT TO BE TOO COMPLICATED, THEY WANT US TO DEPEND ON THEM TO "DO THE RIGHT THING FOR EVERYONE", THEY WANT US TO BE BORED BY THE DETAILS SO WE DON'T QUESTION THEIR DECISIONS, THEY LIKE WHEN WE JUST THROW OUR HANDS IN THE AIR AND SAY "TRUST THEM, THATS WHY WE ELECTED THEM" AND I FOR ONE AM SICK OF IT - THEY ARE NOT DOING THE RIGHT THING AND THEY HAVEN'T IN A HUNDRED YEARS AHHHHHH!!!!!
    Now excuse me, ladies, I must go shove a lemon up a chicken's a@# and put it in the oven.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 5:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Dang I even missed that one.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 5:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• If you took the richest people in America, and took all their money, we would still not have enough money to cover all of his new spending plans.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 5:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I don't know if it'll work but I hope it does. If you (or anyone against the package) are so worried, maybe you should donate the money that you'll get from the tax cuts to pay towards the deficit.

And about your second part..I notice things disappear fast here. We're all adults but sometimes I feel like we're monitored like we're in 2nd grade.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 5:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• LOL Maybe it's because you mentioned Beck!
    It won't work, and i will be the first one to say I told you so to all the Obama Fanatics.
    People should use their brains when voting.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I'm sorry your original question got removed - I didn't realize that CafeMom had a censure section where anything that might offend would be removed - I"m surprised any of our questions remain then half the time :-)
    The only thing that would save this government is if we the people approved every single expenditure of the budget. 30 million to save the salt marsh mouse? Nope, sorry, next item. 150 million in infrastructure repair for the state of ohio? guarantee me that you are hiring people on unemployment and paying a fair (not a union) wage and I'll happily checkmark "yes".
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 5:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Jackal:

I'm not getting any tax cuts. In fact, we may owe MORE next year.

Agreed on the 2nd grade comment.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 5:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• plyer

Exactly but it's too cumbersome to vote on it all- heck the people who voted on it couldn't possibly have read it all THEMSELVES!
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 5:52 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• submit it once a year - we approve it in one vote, line by line. I would LOVE to read the details of the federal freakin' budget. And then I would teach them how to live within their means like the rest of us. IT'S MY MONEY DAMNIT I WANT A SAY!!
    wow, i think i'm gonna go roast a chicken or something, i feel the blood pressure rising :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 5:57 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I think if they took everyones money who made $75,000 a yr that theyd all quit and go on welfare. Why work if you arent going to make any money or just have to work so people who dont work can stay home and play guitar hero?
    Anonymous