Babys Heart rate?

My daughter ,had her 12 week OB appt,the heart rate was 164,do you thunk the heart rate has anything to do with the sex of the baby? what was you babys rate,and what was the sex?.I'm sure this has been ask before ,but missed it.

Val504

Asked by Val504 at 5:52 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• nope, i don't believe the wives tale about heart rates...
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Sorry I meant think ,not thunk lol
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 5:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• They say a faster heart rate is a girl and slower is a boy. This one has had the fastest and I find out what I'm having next week. My third (a boy) had the second fastest. My second was a girl and her's was just a little slower than her younger brothers. My oldests was the slowest and he is a boy. The best way to find out is an ultrasound. This baby's hr has been like 155-160.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 6:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My daughter's hb was in the high 160's... this one has also been in the 160's... I don't think that it really deals with the sex of the baby though.. Each child is different... if they could determine the sex by hb's then I think we wouldn't do ultrasounds lol*... I can't wait to find out the sex of this one.. which will be April!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 6:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• She should know next month,but everyone says it is probably a girl.both of my girls,had fast heartrates,I was just curious,if it is just an old wives tale.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 6:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• It really doesn't. The rate fluctuates, but doesn't really help predict gender.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 6:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• http://www.in-gender.com/Gender-Prediction/Fetal-Heart-Rate.aspx

hope that this helps :)
    dlepasti

Answer by dlepasti at 6:07 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My son's was always in the 130s and my daughter's was in the 160's so yes, i believe those silly old wives tales. (especially about what you crave and the symptoms of pregnancy)
    xburtonchickx

Answer by xburtonchickx at 6:24 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• A healthy baby's heart rate (in your belly and out) is between 120-160. It has nothing to do with sex and more likely to do with what time they check your fetal heart tones. Fetuses have sleep and awake cycles in the womb just like outside the womb, so if your baby is sleeping, it will be more toward 120 and if it is awake and more active it will be higher. Also if the mom just ate something the baby's heart rate will go up because it also just got something to eat. My son's heart rate was consistently about 140-150.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 6:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• my sons heart beat was 180 at about 11 weeks
    his heart beat is now at 157 and i'm 19 weeks 3 days
    i don't think the heart rate will tell you the gender the heart rate
    varies by how active the baby is when you hear it
    at one time mine was at 142 so idk
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 6:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2009