Who do you turn too when the world goes black

Who do you turn too when your marriage is ending, you have an infant to take care of, your more then 2,000 miles from home, you don't have any close friends, and your family will only ridicule you if you come to them ? Who do you reach out too ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• God

Answer by gemgem at 5:54 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Can you go to a church for help?
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Honey, you stand up, shake yourself off and say screw you to all... I am going to go out and make something of my life, take care of my child and just be fine. Afterall, what more can a person do? It is your life, God gave it to you, to make something of. It's like you have been given a chance to start over. Make good use of this chance. Do not fall victim like others do. You need to see the good in this. You are now a clean slate, starting from scratch.. Now get yourself out there and live your life!!!
    Anonymous

• Yes. Reach out to the Lord. The Lord Gives and the Lord Takes Away. Praise be to the Lord.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 5:57 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• GOD really who else is left????
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 6:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• You do it on your own. I did it and if I can do it with 3 little kids then you can too. Make a plan. Figure it all out in small portions and take baby steps. It will work out.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I agree with others, and say God. But, not knowing your faith, I would also suggest that if you can, you try to find a therapist. There are many good ones out there who often work on a slide scale. You mentioned that you are thousands of miles from home, I know there are lots of other reasons for this, but if your reason for it is military, there are lots and lots of services available for you through them to help you with it - contact your local Fleet and Family Support or Family Service Center.

Also, keeping a journal can help.

Hang in there, things will get better!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:10 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i agree with anonymous there are single mothers out there right now doing it i do it
    Anonymous

• I am a Christian and was raised in the church and firmly believe that God will help when we ask.

However ~~~~~ as great as I believe the good Lord is, He isn't there to give a hug or wipe a tear when we need it. You're off to a good start, here on CafeMom. Do some digging around online and find a site with others who are going through what you are, or who are local and can offer something besides cyber-help. We love you, hon, but we can only do so much through the computer, too! You're in my prayers, even if I don't know your name.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 9:07 PM on Feb. 26, 2009