This is long but I need advise, please........

My husband works out of town some and one night I called him and he told me that he was eating at Long Horn. Well I didn't think something was quite right because it was almost 11:00. The next morning he calls me and tells me that he got a DUI after leaving a bar that he was going to celebrate his customers (which is a girl) brother getting into the Police Dept. He told me that he was driving his truck and her brother got it back to the motel. After I kept saying that I didn't believe that he was eating that late, he tells me that he was at the bar when I called, not at Long Horn and he thought it looked bad that he was at the bar with this girl that is his customer. And then come to find out he was driving her car and she was in it when he got the DUI. I don't care about the DUI, i care that he lied. He said he was trying to protect my feelings! He thought that i would think something! We have always had the best marriage!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• You only have two choices as I see it. You can believe his story and go on with your life, or you can call him out on it. He has to know that if he is going to work out of town, he is going to have to give you a reason to trust him or you cannot have a marriage. What he did is wrong. He had no right to be with another woman, client or not . I would not accept it. I would be very mad.
    Anonymous

• what is the question?

Answer by admckenzie at 6:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I hate being lied to also. It makes me think the person thinks I'm stupid.

It's ironic he gets a DUI after celebrating a cop getting his badge.

He must have felt guilty so he told you he was eating when he was really partying without you. I don't know if the girl is anything to get worried over, though.

I'm guessing this is going to be a one time mistake. (But keep your eyes peeled just in case the girl is calling him or texting him.)
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:04 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i agree with anon 6:00. If you do let it go, it's always going to in the back or your head. Relationships are built on trust. He's going to have to earn that back....and he does need to be called out on this.
    Anonymous

• admckenzie- Sorry, I ran out of trying room. Should I let this go or not? We have always had a good marriage and trusted each other!
    Anonymous

• when i was preg. with my daugther my boy friend was hanging with a girl he worked with i didnt have a promble until she called him all the time and when i was bout 8 months preg me and him got into a car accident he left me in the hospital cuz he dont like hospital and he wanted to sleep and a bunch of lies he said he would be going home next day come to find out he left to go home to drunk and have fun with that girl and a friend of her and i snaped and til this day he says nothing happen i believe him and it stills make me mad you need to call him out and tell him i dont care if were married or not you shouldnt be with a girl client or not at 11 by urself at some bar better put it like i did you wouldnt want me hanging out with some guy 11clock without you at some bar now would you
    Anonymous

• The reason why he thought you would be upset is because he knew he was doing something wrong! No Married man needs to be out with a female "customer" driving her car drunk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Feb. 27, 2009