Is it safe to travel while pregnant ?

LiL_SHii

Asked by LiL_SHii at 5:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Travel

• Ask your OB/Gyn how late in pregnancy you can travel. Some doc don't want you on a plane two months before delivery.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Yes, unless your doctor gave you restrictions. I've flown overseas several times while pregnant, although not late in my pregnancy.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 6:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• If i travel it will be by car not plane
    LiL_SHii

Answer by LiL_SHii at 10:03 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I wouldn't recommend it depending on how far along you are. I did that 2 days before my csection and went into labor a day before the date.
    Happened to my mom who took a trip from CT to Texas while 7 months pregnant and went into labor in Texas with my sister. She was born in El Palso Texas 33 years ago.
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• if you are flying.. from month 4 to 7 is the perfect time... I traveled at 6 months to Missouri to pack my stuff up and move back to Oregon.. it was a nice road trip.. flew to Missouri and drove back.. Let your OB know, cause if you have anything wrong with you, you might need to take a copy of your medical record. But they usually give the green light up til 7 months.. 8 if you are local and not flying..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:12 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Unless you doctor says you shouldnt its fine. Or if you MIL is a horrible driver like mine ha! I traveled just one state away with her when i was 6 months along and saw my life flash before my eyes more then once!!! lol
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 3:13 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I traveled a good bit during both of my pregnancies, and my dr said it was fine. i went on a 32 hour car ride in my 6th month and he had me take baby aspirin for a few days to prevent blood clots. he also told me to get out and stretch my legs every few hours to help blood flow also. I dont think the traveling has anything to do with going into labor, i think the problem is with the risk of blood clots from sitting in the same position too long. Hope this helps!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Mar. 17, 2009