How is your energy bill?

Under the new budget, utility companies (and any company with waste output) will now pay extra money for polluting. They won't actually cut their pollution levels, they'll just pay higher taxes and pass that cost on to the consumer. Can you afford for your heating bills to go even higher next winter, on top of the inflation that is going to hit from the stimulus over the next 6 months?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope we sure cant. My husband lost his job in June and were living off savings and a sense of humor. My electric bill this month was $467! They just increased rates this year as it is. I guess we can always move back in with my parents, or have my dd move in with us so we can have two families in one house and live. And were super worried about hyper inflation thats supposed to hit next year.

Answer by gemgem at 6:08 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My gas bills are 300 dollars a month, obviously we can't afford that! It's crazy.... I don't know how we could possibly manage if they are higher next winter. We will also be shut off come April if we don't gather up all the money. My Hubby works and we pay all our other bills btu that is just too much... *sighs*
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:10 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Between gas and electric and we are aon budget billing it is between $450 and $500 a month.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 6:11 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• We got our gas and electric bill averaged for the past 12 months...Gas is $99.05/month and Electric is $88.00/month
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 6:25 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• This is how taxes for the rest of us are raised. Obama is a liar.
    Anonymous

• We were heating with oil. We couldn't afford oil this fall, so we thought we could use space heaters for all our heat. Our electric bill went from an average of $35/mo to $285/mo. We bought the oil, no way around it.
    Anonymous

• Ok I don't want to be rude but, how is it possible that your electric bills are $300-$500 a month?? I mean how big of houses do you have??? I live in a 3 bedroom 2 bath 2000sq house and I leave my tv and computer on ALL the time not to mention the heat all the time because i am soo cold all the time and loads and loads of laundry all day everyday and the HIGHEST my electric bill has been in 3 years in $161.00-- and that was this past month
    Anonymous

• Not sure I don't see my utility bills because they are automatically part of our BAH that goes to housing because we live in base housing.

I feel for those who already struggle with their heating bills, can't imagine it now.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 6:52 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Add to that the fact that the environmentalists & liberals have succeeded in preventing any construction of new power plants and you've got a real crunch on its way. When the 30-year-old plants give out, there won't be others to replace them. ... Remember all the Europeans who have DIED in recent years from energy blackouts - both freezing in winter and suffocating in the hot summer ? Is that acceptable for the sake of making political points with vocal enviro-activists??
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• this is why people need to start supporting solar and wind power. I will try to find the article a guy gets $5 back from the edison company because he has solar heat and uses less then he stores. So he sells it to them.

Someone posted about a failed wind turbine but there are alot of success stories its just getting the conversion kits cheap enough for people to afford them.
    partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 7:26 PM on Feb. 26, 2009