Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who should take care of this?

My parents have a good amount of water damage in their house due to the fact that the builder who did their roof left off the tar paper and only put in about 1/3 of the nails that he was supposed to. The insurance company gave them the $ to fix the inside of the house, but not to roof and said that the roof is their problem and they need to take the builder to court. Here is my question is my mom supposed to deal with this or is the insurance company? I thought that the insurance company would be the ones that had to deal with the roof then take the builder to court for the $ The builder will NOT return our calls.....Thanks!


Asked by PennyMom at 6:08 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Home & Garden

Level 3 (13 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • Its up to your parents to go after the builder. I think the only time the insurance company would go after them would be if they were the ones that hired them to perform the work. I would definitely talk to a lawyer..

    Answer by carpetsharksmom at 7:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • I believe the builder should be responsible for the damage not the insurance company. The insurance company is not the one wh chose a poor builder.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • Your mom needs to get/talk to a lawyer. See what he/she will say about this.


    Answer by louise2 at 6:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • I am just wondering if my mom takes the builder to court or the insurance company...... I was told by a couple people that the insurance company is the one who should be taking the builder to court.

    Answer by PennyMom at 6:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • she takes the builder to court

    Answer by tnteaton at 4:53 PM on Mar. 1, 2009