Could Some Of You Give Me Some Reassurance?

I'm pregnant with # 3. I don't know why, but I can't seem to really get into it. I mean, it's still early (I'm 8 wks) but I just feel like I love my kids with everything I have, so where's the extra love gonna come from? My mom says I'll understand when I'm further along or when the baby's born. Have any of you felt this way? I'd appreciate if someone could make me feel better.

mmmommy0207

Asked by mmmommy0207 at 6:33 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Get your other two into it all as soon as you are sure the pregnancy is going well. Let them get excited for you. (Well, your DD, your other guy is a bit young maybe) Take some of the stress off of yourself, you have, from what I read on your page, had a LOT going on. You will love this baby, it just might take some time to get there. I lost two before having Melissa, so I didn't quite feel what you are feeling, but I was afraid to get attached early on. I am positive you will find enough love when the time is right, for now, rest and love yourself too!!!!
    JamieeN

Answer by JamieeN at 11:26 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• love in indefinate. as much as you love your other kids, there will still be enough love for your baby. you are still early in your pregnancy, but it will come. good luck and congrats
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:36 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• The more love you get the more you'll have to give. And with two siblings this kid will have plenty of love. When you hit about 20 weeks, you'll feel more into it.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 6:37 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Okay, so I am guessing here, but was this pregnancy a surprise? Sometimes that happens when you were not trying. It will get better further down the road and when you hold your new baby in your arms, you will be amazed that the love is just there.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 6:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I guarantee you will love this new baby just as much as your other kids, it just takes some time to adjust is all, don't worry, you will get there
    Larsbug

Answer by Larsbug at 6:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• In the last 3 months, we've gotten married, bought a business (and a new truck!) and joined our church (which has many enriching and enjoyable yet time-consuming responsibilities) and yes, our newest member was a major surprise. We kinda thought we would be done after Michael. It was just a matter of one of us getting fixed. But we're not upset or anything. We're happily married, and we LOVE our kids. Our life is just so crazy! Thank you so much for your help! I'm glad there's people out there that kinda understand!
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 1:01 PM on Feb. 27, 2009