If you won a lottery ticket and had a million dollars, what would you do with it?

I'd give probably 10k to my mom. 10k to my MIL. another 10k to my FIL. i'd buy a house. get a new car (not a brand new car. but something more up to date then what i have) and invest the rest.
what about you?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 6:47 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Lottery ticket- hmm..... after taxes were taken out.... maybe a burger or 2 at a fast food restaurant. LOL!!!!
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 6:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Buy a house for my family in the outskirts of NYC. Buy a house for my parents because they lost theirs. Have my husband quit his job so he could finish school and go on to follow his dreams. Pay for my daughter and future kids college education. Invest so my money can make more money.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 6:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Put a chunk away for DS college.

Pay off my father and mother in law's house and debt.

Buy a travel trailer.

Give some to my favorite charities.

Put half of what's left into a retirement fund, and just enjoy the rest.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i would pay off my bed, and my credit card. i would give money to my family/family in laws. put money up for my son and any future children for college or whatever. then put the rest in the bank
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Take care of my family's needs first.

Then I would give to people who are truly in need and often overlooked. I've always known I'd love to win enough money to take care of my family, thats a given but I think it would be so great to be able to help people who are in real need of help.

I've thought about charities and I'm sure there are some good ones out there but I'd like the luxury of destributing it to who I think it should go to.
    peggy353

Answer by peggy353 at 7:09 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I'd pay the taxes on it, pay off my mom's home equity loan, pay off my mom's cars and my car, buy my hubby a new car, get rid of my suv and buy myself a hybrid, and buy our house, then put a lot in savings to pay for any repairs on our house, car, etc. I would also pay off some of my sister's bills as well as a loan I currently have. And I'd probably take my kids for a fun day out and buy us new bedroom furniture.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Pay off all the bad credit debt that my ex-husbands have stuck me with. Put aside college money for my 16-yo DS, buy a house for my 21-yo DD. Repay money my parents loaned me when I was broke. Set up a "living expense" fund for myself to be sure my necessities of life are covered, then give the rest to my dad's church because they're getting ready to start a new building project to add size to the sanctuary and they only build "debt-free", so it'll take awhile to raise the money otherwise.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 7:26 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Buy a house and a new truck for my husband.. help pay off grandpas heart surgery bills and some to my parents and inlaws...save the rest
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 7:47 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Buy a home in Texas (probably like $250k) buy hubby a truck & me a car, pay off debt like 25k, and save the rest.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 7:48 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I would buy 200 acers of land in the middle of nowhere and build a small house and put the rest into an investment so me and my husband could start a small business.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 7:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2009