Anybody traveling to Mexico?

I just read the Mexico Travel Alert and wondered how much it is going to deter people from visiting Mexico?

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/pa/pa_3028.html

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 6:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope. Not a chance. The border areas are in the middle of a drug war. The areas south of that are starting to see a large uptick in kidnappings. No thanks!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Nope. Have no desire to go there!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• me and hubby are going to mexico in a month as part of a vacation pack we won and i hope its not going to ruin our trip.
    Anonymous

• where are you going in Mexico anon? Its mostly the border towns that are really really bad from what I understand.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Be careful!

There was that pregnant woman who got kidnapped, raped and murdered down there.

Or was that Puerto Rico?.... nevermind. I think it was Puerto Rico... either way, don't go jogging alone or without something for defense!
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 6:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Mexico are you kidding me? Why don't you ask if anyone is travelling to Texas or Arizona? You don't have to go across the border to be affected.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 7:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• no thanks..i dont want to go to a place where i cant even drink the water...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Lol, I live in AZ and my boyfriend is applying for Border Patrol.... I'm frightened...
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 7:27 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Couldn't pay me to go there or to any border area anywhere near there! With my luck something dreadful would happen.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 8:40 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I am taking my husband and son there later this year to visit my family. My dad lives in Ensenada, it's about and hour and a half from the border. My husband is a little weird about it b/c of the kidnappings and stuff but my family lives there so I don't really think we have anything to worry about. I'm a very paranoid person so hearing those things does make me nervous, but then again I don't want to go to Florida either in fear that my 2 yesr old could end up getting abducted. Too much scarry stuff happening these days
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 10:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2009