Do you give to any charities?

If so -Which ones?
If not - why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i donate to 2 charites each month, the charities are diffrent each month, i also run and operate my own shelter and food drive
    Anonymous

• I donated money to the hospital I work at during the radiothon-Seattle Children's. Check it out if you can. We had a 8 year old donate 21,000+ in honor of his friend. He set up a website for "brain bumps" How amazing is that?
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 7:11 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I don't have a direct debit type thing to give to any certain charities, and I don't send out checks or anything like that - but I do donate old clothes and toys etc to some local charities who ship them elsewhere, and in supermarkets I feed the donation boxes regularly(I usually go for the animal welfare or helping children organisations.)
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 7:15 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• yes...i donate to MS society.. and breast cancer every year. and then throughout the year i do different ones...like right now my work is doing jerry's kids for MDA. and if the local store is doing something i will donate then too....
    Anonymous

• Not a charity, but I tithe every week at church and I know what the church does with their Food Bank, etc., so I think of it as "charitable giving". I also donate anything usable to Goodwill and do volunteer work whenever I can.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 7:18 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Oh, and the "why" is because I just went through a period of time being homeless and I will never judge those who are in need again!
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 7:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• We tithe to our church and give to several charities; Love INC., Cornerstone Crisis Pregnancy Center, among others

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 7:24 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• We tithe and occasionally give to other charities. I especially like that at Kroger you can just add anywhere from $0.50 to $2.00 to your bill.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 7:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2009