Baby shower drama....

i have a very nice ML to be and i apprectiate everything she does for us.. but she asked me if i was done my registry.. i told her yes and recently found out that if she doesnt like some of the stuff i took time and researched the products i picked out,... she is gonna get what she wants.. my problem is that i didnt pick the top of the line stuff and it's still good or better then.. im happy with the products i choose.. do i sound ungreatful.. she also added 45 people to an already 60 people + invatation list some of the people i dont even know... i guess the more people the more gifts for the baby..

1sttymmom409

Asked by 1sttymmom409 at 7:10 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• is it her first grandchild?? excitment could also play a part in all of this. i did registeries too and i didnt get anything i had on my list if it makes you feel any better
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• if u dont like it return it.. i personally only use one brand of baby items and anything that is any diffrent i returned and i only use one brand diapers and i returned the others
    Anonymous

• i think if she doesnt like some of the stuff you picked and she gets something else or gets another list is because she wants the best for her grand kid and she is probably making sure you are getting everything u need so you wont have to struggle later on when the baby is born, and i think that is cool if you get a lot of people coming to your baby shower cause you'll get more gifts than you expected ;D
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 7:16 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• pple that look at registeries and buy off of there is great but i think alot of pple like giving out gift cards and money, so i myself did not waste too much time at stores picking items out, just items here and there.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:18 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Accept what is gifted to you with grace, you are not owed anything, so just enjoy the day and don't fixate on the presents parts, it does sound a litttle ungreatful.

As for her inviting extra guests - out of line, she should have ran it past you.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 7:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Thats a toughy girl! Hang in there and its tough when ur peego cause everyone wants to run the show!! Im sorry!! U r aloud to gently put ur foot down!
    EZsmom422

Answer by EZsmom422 at 7:26 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Over a hundred people at the shower? Wow! No, you don't sound ungrateful at all. You sound as though you are a bit bewildered and not sure if you want such a big shower, that you might feel overwhelmed. My DIL commented that they didn't get anything from their registry either, by the way. When people shop for babies it is so sweet to walk around the baby shop and smile at all the precious little outfits and stuff. Let her get what she wants. On the day of the shower sit as much as you can so that you don't get too tired. Rest with your feet up before and after. It would have been lovely to have had a smaller party, I sympathize. She means well, and if you can get through this with a smile on your face she'll be happy and you'll have helped family relations.

Answer by Bmat at 7:30 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• MILs can be a difficult subject.. my MIL is throwing us a baby shower and paying for it. she didn't like the fact that I ordered my own invitations because I wanted them to be printed (not hand written) and keep one as a keepsake! with that of course I chose my baby shower colors which was the next problem. so I put her name on it as the host and she loves them now =)

I believe its very important to be on good terms with the inlaws.. for hubby and baby's sake if nothing.. so my advice try to let her have herway sometimes.. she wants a big baby shower?! great.. more gifts for baby =) at the same time enjoy putting YOUR registry together.. people are going to buy what they want anyway. I think MIL doesn't mean any harm we just don't agree all the time.. that's all

enjoy the shower and a healthy baby.. everything else is not that important good luck
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 8:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2009