Are certain women just doomed to experience Post-partum Depression?

I had it with my first child. A lot of it was caused by family trouble, but my mother had it bad after my brother and I. Is it more likely that I will have it after giving birth to my second? She is 10 days old so it hasn't hit me yet, but I am so afraid it will!!! what makes you more likely to have it?

Blessedmommy215

Asked by Blessedmommy215 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would think it you were going to get it, you would have by now. I got it before I even got out of the hospital. As long as you are aware of what to look for, all is well.
    Anonymous

• i had it so bad i would not even hold my daughter! i was so scared i was going to hurt her! i would dream that i was standing and watching her body fly across the room (i never was throwing her, just watched it) and hit the wall! i never hurt my daughter but i was so scared i would! it took me like 2 weeks to hold her by myself and i was to no one was home and my mother-in-laws dog jumped on her!!! i think you get it because of hormones going crazy again! and my mom had it with my brother (her first) but not with me! so you never know!! i would think since you kinda know whats going on you would not get it as bad or at all! but good luck!

woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 8:08 PM on Feb. 26, 2009