Any good tips on how to sleep comfortably while pregnant?

I am at 24 weeks and I read that sleeping on your back is not good, even though it is the most comfortable (for me).. but lately ive been sleeping on my side and waking up with my hips just aching. I feel like its probably a lose lose situation, and im just gonna have to suck it up.. but I thought id just see if anyone did anything creative to sleep comfortably..?

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 7:37 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A body pillow will work wonders for you thru your whole pregnancy. try it and I promise you will like it☺
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 7:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• JMO....If you are comfortable on your back then stick with it. I slept on my back up until about 32 weeks. I then had wicked heartburn so I slept sitting up in a reclining for the rest of my pregnancy. Try to get comfortable and enjoy some rest!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 7:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I have a body pillow. I've also started taking Tylenol PM when I can't sleep. I'm already 38 weeks, tho. and will be having my baby next week (c-section), so my midwiife says it's ok. You can ask your doc. if you can take something to help sleep.
    Anonymous

• I had a waterbed for both of mine. Go ahead Laugh all you want... But if I could go out and find a waterbed, you bet your sweet patootie I would get one! Best damn things ever!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• What until you hit 6-7 months. i could not sleep in my bed. I had to sleep on my younest stepson futon bed. The last 2 months of my pregnancy I slept on the futon bed. I guess having the iron bars helped alot. The firmer the mattress the better I was able to sleep. I also slept on the floor. But when I could not do that I had to sleep in my chair and proped my feet on the ottoman. When I got to about 7.5 months sometimes when i was looking at TV I had to sit on the floor with my back against the wall. At work is was horrible my chair had to be straight up and no reclining.
    MarqsMom

Answer by MarqsMom at 7:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• the body pillow is wonderful, beyond words

I have a pinched nerve in my back and STILL use it
    Zanny

Answer by Zanny at 7:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i have the same thing going on and i still havent figured it out- if i sleep on my back i feel like im suffocating and if i sleep on my side it hurts my hip- the only thing that works for me is propping my top leg on to a pillow but my youngest has been having sleep issues and comes into the bed with me so i dont have room to spread out like that lol so im stuck suffering! good luck!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 8:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Your body will tell you when to stop sleeping on your back or right side. I can't sleep on my left side only because I have hip problems. But if I sleep on my right side or my back (since I was about 32 weeks) I can feel my circulation having problems. Until then I slept however. The concern is more for you than the baby, so as long as you are paying attention to your body you'll be fine.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:04 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I use a body pillow--its helped but I still ache. Good luck!
    Nitzcha

Answer by Nitzcha at 8:08 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I feel the same as you..I wake up with my hip hurting from being on my side..and yes laying on my back is comfortable too...I put a pillow between my legs.. sister...we have to just stick this one our and take it for a few more months...by the way.,do you boobs hurt like hell too in the middle of the night?
    surpriseat41

Answer by surpriseat41 at 10:47 PM on Feb. 26, 2009