help!

ok so the week before last- my 3 1/2 yr old developed a slight rash which the doc said was an allergic reaction- so he told me to give him benadryl and that was that- i didnt see the rash again- then last week right after healing from that he started getting a swelling in his throat that caused him to be in so much pain i had to take him back to the doc- he gave me antibiotics (which tomorrow is his last day having to take them) but now he is developing another type of rash- but when i gave the benadryl- it didnt help this time and its seems to be getting worse- i am going to take him into the doc tomorrow but i need some advice tonight- if u go to my profile you will see pics of the rash that is covering his front back and arms and legs- (its streaky on his face) have any of you had experience with this? does it look like measels or chicken pox to you? and if it is will it be dangerous to me being 5 months pregnant?

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 7:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• here are pictures of chicken pox and measles. they are VERY graphic...but from the pictures you have, i don't think that he has them. but i would definately take him to the doctor.

http://www.vaccineinformation.org/measles/photos.asp
    http://www.vaccineinformation.org/varicel/photos.asp

I would still be pretty worried since it hasn't gone away. good luck. sorry i couldn't be more help.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Did you switch laundry soap? Did you switch soaps at all? Chicken Pox is not dangerous to be exposed to while pregnant if you have already had them or were vaccinated
    Anonymous

• nope i use the same detergent as always- but my fiance threw in some new fabric sheets and that was one of the things that i thought of first but my mother in law got me all freaked out thinking it might be chicken pox or measels
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 8:04 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i dont know where anon got their info but chiken pox is verry dangerous to the unborn fetus. period. you might not get it but the baby still can.

your pics were not real clear so im not real sure but it kinda looks like rubella or chicken pox.

if this continues you will need to take him to the ER. not all allergic reactions respond to benadryl and it could be that!! watch him verry closly ! if he swells up too much in the face or if he has trouble breathing you need to take him tonight and dont wait!!
    allforthelove

Answer by allforthelove at 6:30 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• What about roseola? Did he have a high fever, and then break out in the rashes? That happened to my daughter... just a thought?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• no fever just coughing sneezing and he says it doesnt itch its weird- ive never seen anything like this and his doc wont see him till 12- besides the rash, cough, sneezing and not eating hes acting normal- hes not laying around all lethargic or anything its so weird
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:43 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• thanks everybody for the feedback! the doc said its a harmless viral rash- normal for school age kids! thanks again!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 4:38 PM on Feb. 27, 2009