help!

ok so the week before last- my 3 1/2 yr old developed a slight rash which the doc said was an allergic reaction- so he told me to give him benadryl and that was that- i didnt see the rash again- then last week right after healing from that he started getting a swelling in his throat that caused him to be in so much pain i had to take him back to the doc- he gave me antibiotics (which tomorrow is his last day having to take them) but now he is developing another type of rash- but when i gave the benadryl- it didnt help this time and its seems to be getting worse- i am going to take him into the doc tomorrow but i need some advice tonight- if u go to my profile you will see pics of the rash that is covering his front back and arms and legs- (its streaky on his face) have any of you had experience with this? does it look like measels or chicken pox to you? and if it is will it be dangerous to me being 5 months pregnant?

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 7:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my DD got a rash that looked like that, she didn't complain of it hurting or itching. I took her to the peds and i can't honestly remember what they said it was but they said that almost all kids get it. ??? i never got it and don't know of any one else that got it. i think it might be a new thing where they get the chickenpox vac. and all. but IDK. they told me it wasn't contagious or anything and it would go away on its own, and it did. but it might not be the same thing. good luck and so so sorry for your son.

setliff

Answer by setliff at 8:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• thanks- yeah thats the weird thing with it too- he isnt complaining about it and he says it doesnt itch or hurt in fact hes pretty upset he cant go to school (they wont let him till it clears up even if its not contagious the nurse told me)
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 8:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• it looks like scarlett fever!
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• thanks everyone for the feedback! the doc said it was a harmless viral rash!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 4:37 PM on Feb. 27, 2009