help!

ok so the week before last- my 3 1/2 yr old developed a slight rash which the doc said was an allergic reaction- so he told me to give him benadryl and that was that- i didnt see the rash again- then last week right after healing from that he started getting a swelling in his throat that caused him to be in so much pain i had to take him back to the doc- he gave me antibiotics (which tomorrow is his last day having to take them) but now he is developing another type of rash- but when i gave the benadryl- it didnt help this time and its seems to be getting worse- i am going to take him into the doc tomorrow but i need some advice tonight- if u go to my profile you will see pics of the rash that is covering his front back and arms and legs- (its streaky on his face) have any of you had experience with this? does it look like measels or chicken pox to you? and if it is will it be dangerous to me being 5 months pregnant?

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 7:47 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It doesn't look like chicken pox at all, they will blister up. But I do agree that you should try another doctor just to get another opinon. See if maybe they can give you some type of oinment to put on it instead of him taking something. I hope he gets better.
    m_allen

Answer by m_allen at 9:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• To me that looks like chickon pox. But it has been so long since I had it myself that I don't know for sure.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i havent exp. it but it seems like the doc u have a quack try taking him/her 2 a dermatalagoiest( a doc that dills wit skin and rashes ) cuz ur doc should of already it could be something serious out it might not be
    myangelelena

Answer by myangelelena at 7:54 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i agree with myanelelena...your doc should know what it is! parts of it looks like the chicken pox but the side view of his tummy is NOT in any way the chicken pox! if your not happy with the doc take him to the er or something...it could be something simple like laundry soap, etc...but it may be something bad! good luck! i hope this helped!

woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• From the picks, I would say it is most likely allergies, it doesn't look like chicken pox, plus, it's gone away, then he had the swelling, then another rash. A reaction to antibiotics and some foods is that the throat and nose swell. You can take him and get him tested for allergies but he has to be clear first. If he starts swelling again, I would take him to urgent care. Good Luck.
    pat7879

Answer by pat7879 at 9:31 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• thanks everyone- the doc said it was a harmless viral rash- normal in school age kids! thanks for all the feedback!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 4:35 PM on Feb. 27, 2009