Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can i get my baby daddy to help more then he does???


Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (14)
  • maybe if you ask nicer or so it sure would be nice if you would do this for me and maybe your bf will

    Answer by myangelelena at 10:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • unfortunatly- aside from going through Child Support Enforcement to get Child Support- you can't get him to do anything he doesn't want

    Answer by ZaTa at 7:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • Ask Him

    Answer by Kari_Noelle at 7:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • What is a baby daddy anyway? Just a sperm donor right? Now, a father is something totally different. That he is not. And you cannot make anyone become one. If he doesn't live with you, go try for child support!

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • You can't force someone to do something they don't want to do when it comes to helping out with kids. Many men think it's women's work so quit whining and be a mom. Women have been caring for the kids for thousands of years without making the bd into Mr Mom. You should have discussed all of this with bd before you got yourself knocked up.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • anon 6:53 that was just plain ignorant. She wasn't whining- she asked a freaking question. Lay off her!

    Answer by ZaTa at 7:54 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • tell ya i didnt plan on her and a baby daddy is not a serm donor it the daddy of my kid and i do live wit him

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • and i have asked him

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • Maybe you could schedule time to sit down and discuss your children together. Maybe you could meet at a restaurant. Try to be friendly and if that doesn't work, then get ugly. By that I mean get the law involved. You didn't make children on your own.

    Answer by lowencope at 8:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • Do you really thing he doesn't WANT to help? Or is he just ignorant (or surrounded by ignorant friend/family as examples) and unaware that he needs to help more?

    You may want to ask/look around at some of the other fathers that you know (co-workers, neighbors, family members) and see if you can find a good one to use as an example. When you find one, DON'T tell your man: "I wish you were more like so-and-so!", but ask the man or his SO if he could give you or your man some advice. Or maybe you could just start hanging out this a mentor-type person and hope it rubs off.

    If you've asked already and gotten nothing, then more asking is now "nagging" which does no one any good, including the child you want help with. Would he consider parenting classes or counseling? Good luck, hon!

    Answer by jburg2541 at 8:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2009