flu

I have a really bad flu for the last 3 days and no medicine is helping. im doing my best to not get my 11 month son sick and i can use any suggestions or home remedies on getting rid of this thing.....please help thank you

gsoto1031

Asked by gsoto1031 at 7:54 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Health

• When you say flu, what do you mean? Like puking or breathing problems?
    Anonymous

• the symptoms that i have are loss of appetite, headache, aching body, runny nose, watery eyes, and nausea
    gsoto1031

Answer by gsoto1031 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• If it's the flu and not a stomach virus, there's not much you can do once you have it. Drink plenty of liquids, do you best to get lots of rest. Wash your hands and his often to help keep him from getting it. You'll start to feel somewhat better in about 4 days though it might be several weeks before you feel normal and have any energy again.

If it's a stomach bug, go see your doctor. If may be a virus, it may be bacterial. Only lab tests can tell. If it's a virus, not much you can do. If it's bacterial, you may need antibiotics.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Don't breathe on him, and wash your hands before touching him. Disinfect things that you touch that he might touch. You may want to wear disposable gloves to pick up his toys. Don't touch his hands with your hands. You can still pet him through his clothes. For flu, drink lots of fresh orange juice and tea. I like echinacea tea. Chicken soup. Rest a lot. For stomach virus, cold flat ginger ale, jello, saltines, gatorade. Good luck. I hope you feel better soon and that your little one doesn't catch it.

Answer by Bmat at 8:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Sounds more like a cold to me, nausea is probably from the nasal drainage. Just make sure you wash your hands lots and lots. Take mucinex, it works awesome.
    Anonymous

• You poor thing, I sure hope you feel better soon. I hope your son doesn't catch it either, especially while you are still sick. I imagine it is difficult caring for him while you are so sick.

Keep drinking plenty of fluids, lying down as often as possible without sleeping while your son is up and about, take non-drowsy flu medication when home alone with your son and the regular kind so you can sleep when someone reliable is there to take care of your son. I like the Thera-Flu Warming - it works fast. Keep your hands washed and clean any dish or cup you use right away with hot, soapy water.

Again, I'm so sorry and I hope you feel well soon. {{{HUGS}}}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:28 AM on Feb. 27, 2009