How old was your child before you took the monitor out of his/her room?

I am pregnant with #2 due at the end of Nov. My son will be a little over 2 by then. They will have separate rooms. I really don't want to take the monitor out of my toddler's room, but is it silly to have TWO monitors- one for my son and one for the new baby? Should I not have one in my son's room??

jaydensmomma1

Asked by jaydensmomma1 at 10:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is two and a half and I still have one in her room. Our rooms are at opposite ends of the apartment. I'd never hear her wake up in the morning without it.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 10:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• That's how I feel! My room is also at the opposite end of the house. How am I supposed to hear if he cries or gets sick or something. I am just not sure how to do two monitors at the same time??
    jaydensmomma1

Answer by jaydensmomma1 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I see no problem with 2 monitors.
    teddybear112881

Answer by teddybear112881 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• If our rooms were at seperate ends of the house, yes I would have two monitors because ds loves to climb and get into things in the mornings. (I also have a babygate on his door.) I'm not sure if you could buy a set to use two at the same time, or you have to buy a whole other set?
    jamie8506

Answer by jamie8506 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• We have 2 different monitors in our house and they work just fine. There is no feedback or anything.
    CarsonKendall

Answer by CarsonKendall at 11:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I don't think it's silly. My DD is 22 months and I still use one. When the AC is on or the house is noisy, it's nice to be able to turn on the receiver and know that I'll hear her if she wakes up.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• IF it was me...I would have 2 monitors. Just mark them with a sharpie with the childs name on it...so you know which on is awake lol!
    mrsaidensmommy

Answer by mrsaidensmommy at 9:27 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My first DD will be 19 months when we have DD #2 in May. There will be 2 monitors - one in each room, with names on them! Better to have one in each room, than worry about what might be happening! Besides, DD #1 is so quiet sometimes when she wakes up, and is almost at the crawling over the railing stage....and I'll be sleep deprived with #2, so when I get sleep, it will be better because I don't have to worry!
    mrsflum

Answer by mrsflum at 5:38 AM on Jan. 3, 2009