***Potty Training*** Help

hey my daughter will be 2 this april ive been trying to potty train her for the last month shes always hiding from me when shes pooping.. how can i get her interested in using the potty?? Helpppp Please

Sonyasmommy07

Asked by Sonyasmommy07 at 8:09 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter is going to be to in april im trying to do the same thing lol who ever said this is going to be easy lied lol
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 8:11 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• She probably isn't ready. Not many kids are potty trained before two. I would give it a break and wait until she shows interest.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• wait until she is older and understands more.
    Anonymous

• Get her a potty her size and let her put stickers on it and make it hers i personally didnt have any trouble my dd wanted to be potty trained and when you get her to use it once make a BIG deal about it and maybe give her something special i also got dd a doll that has a potty to help her learn
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 8:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• The more ready a child, the easier it is.
    Your daughter has one strong sign - hiding while pooping. But there are many other signs too. The more of them she has, the quicker and easier it is.
    What to do?
    Keep her in diapers for now but take her to the potty every hour for a "try". Once she accidently goes, make a huge celebration out of it. Be aware that she may learn to pee in the potty long before she learns to poop - or both could happen quickly. There's no way to tell.
    Also, do NOT expect her to go on her own or to tell you she has to go for at least another year. That is one of the biggest problems I've seen - parents think that because a child no longer wets her pants but uses the potty instead that they should be magically, fully potty trained. Not so. Don't ask if she needs to go, tell her it is time to go - for at least the next year.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2009