When can a baby have well water?

I live in the country and our water is well water. I have been buying distilled water at the stores. I know that at some point I need to introduce the well water because she will eventually drink tap water....lol. I just don't know when it is okay to use... Just curious, thanks.

aly38914290

Asked by aly38914290 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• I did not give my kids water from our well until the age of 1. I introduced it slowly and they had no bad reactions to it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:14 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I gave my kids well water from the time they were born.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 8:31 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• aslong as it is with her formula anytime , just water in a sippy after 1 yr.... my son has had well water since he was 3 weeks old
    Anonymous

• wow good i thought i was a HORRIBLE person for giving my son tap water in his formula because my mom made me feel bad about it, i just didnt trust boiling water i was scared to burn his mouth
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 8:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• my advice is to buy a Brita filter or a filtration system it is healthier and they are a good investment. I have one and I would never go back to my well water. We have one that you sit in the fridge and that way you can teach her to get her own water when she is older.

Anonymous

• aliciatron they say giving them tap water and well water is better for them it build up there system so they dont get as sick as often
    Anonymous

• My pediatrician's office tests well water to make sure there is nothing wrong with it. The biggest reason its not recommended for kids is because not all well water has fluoride in it (ours did). If yours doesn't your kids needs flouride drops. Anyway, if you are concerned, call your doc and ask them if they can test your water.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Our peds office said to filter well water, but after filtering it was fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:01 AM on Feb. 27, 2009