Who else here is fairly normal?

I let my kid watch tv, he eats sugar, sometimes he eats hot dogs for dinner and thats it. He's kinda bad and runs around outside a lot. He's eaten a sucker off the ground once. He lets the dog lick him, he's licked weird stuff..a boat trailer once...I'm just sick of all those "Perfect moms". Ones whos kids never watch cartoons or eat any sugar or who's kids are always behaved cause their just such wonderful mothers. Come on now, let your kids be kids.

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 8:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm far from perfect, and want to keep it that way. My youngest used to try to eat gravel and I'm pretty sure ate a fry off the floor at McD's at least once. We like Cartoon Network and they play on CN on the computer too. One of my kids used to lick windows all the time and another insisted on eating her food all mashed up and stirred together and no other way (when she was 8). My house is rarely clean, and I yell at my kids sometimes to pick it up (gasp...that must be child abuse). I pick my battles and so far the kids have turned out o.k.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I agree 100%. I would consider myself a normal mom and I dont worry about minor things.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 8:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• OHMyGOD- my sister in law had her 7yr ol daughter and 9 year old son making note of good carbs and bad carbs...example apples and ice cream... i mean give me a break!!!! and then when my then 8 yr old SS couldn't peel an apple with a potato peeler by himself she thought he was helpless! she's tough to hang out with...
    alwms

Answer by alwms at 8:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Oohh Oohh I am normal. My son loves candy. He is loud. He does not always eat the best food but he is healthy and growing. He loves to watch cartoons(at least have them on while he is playing). He loves to just have fun and I LOVE to watch it! It makes me smile to see him happy.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I guess I'm normal :)

I let my kid play video games a lot and he drinks soft drinks when we eat out and I don't use those buggy covers

I know I am far from perfect but I try the best I can...I let my boys be boys..they grow up so fast- I want them to look back when they have kids and say "I had a good life" I can say that...I want my kids to be able also
    CoolMommyofboys

Answer by CoolMommyofboys at 8:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• u my dear are a normal mum as i am as well lol..my lil girl licks stuff all the time and all my kids eat candy drink sodas eat chips and watch cartoons...i might even get bashed for saying this but i let my kids watch simpsons and family guy and king of the hill but all those who think im a bad mother for how i raise my kids can kiss my grits because my kids are very respetctful and ahead in there class in school i must be doing something right lol
    Anonymous

• HAHAHAHA! Life would be so boring if our kids/family/lives were "perfect"...
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 9:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I too am normal. Tonight we had hamburger helper, and manwhich and hotdog nights are big winners at my house. My oldest son used to eat the gum off the floor that fell out of the gumball machine. So you are not alone.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 9:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• You know...I think it's all about balance. Nobody can be "perfect" all the time and if they say they are, they are probably lying. There are things that are really important to me in my families life such as nutrition; but If I don't have time to prepare a good meal, I'm not going to get all anal about it. I don't mind crap as long as it's once in a while. Cartoons are great in moderation, etc. You get my drift...oh, and I consider myself a responsible and good mom and yes, completely normal!
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 9:07 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I think I like you OP. My kid eats hot dogs, watches cartoons with violence, I gave him a doughnut for breakfast today (made up for it with spinch for dinner.) I can't be perfect, I can only be as good as a mom as I can be.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 9:08 PM on Feb. 26, 2009