Do you know internet etiquette?

Did you know that it's considered yelling to type in all caps? I was just wondering if everyone knew that. Seems like maybe some people don't...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Would you please PLEASE tell my mother this? I have tried. She thinks it's all in my head.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• HUH??? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU
    Anonymous

• LOL! I know! That bothers me too. I have said it to people and they are always like "OH SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN TO MAKE YOU THINK I WAS YELLING. I ALWAYS TYPE IN ALL CAPS." Which is silly. Once you know what something means...why wouldn't you act accordingly??
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• LOL!! My Aunt seems to have a problem with this on our family blog. She doesn't use good grammar either. Though it gives me a good laugh to read her posts out loud, just like they're typed...
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 8:57 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• lol..i always knew that but apparently my hubby didnt till i told him.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:57 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I did learn that. And I learned it is really easy to tick people off. And I know I am suppose to know what all the abbreviations stand for but for the life of me I can't seem to get that. I thought DH was for Dead Husband and SO was for Sex Object. I am not computer savvy....LOL
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 8:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• yea when i first started coming here i always typed in all caps to stand out from all the other answers...but i always heard it was bad etiquette.... i dont capitalize either so i hear about that too...but i just say.. w/e its just cm
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• "I thought DH was for Dead Husband and SO was for Sex Object. I am not computer savvy"

HAHAHA, I consider myself a pretty computer-savvy person and these abbreviations were new to me. I had to search on here to figure out what they meant.
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 9:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• yea at first i didn't have a clue about the cm abb. i was reading answers like w.t.f....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:24 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I like to type in caps... so i hate that it means "yelling"
    lovinlife04

Answer by lovinlife04 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2009