My baby is a picky eater!

My son is 13 months old and is going through a terrible picky spell. He stopped eating table food. I can get stage 2 foods down him but I was glad to give those up because they got expensive going thru many of them a day. We also have weight problems with him, like being under weight. We had to add butter to everything he ate for a while to get him above the 5% on the growth charts. I can't get him to eat things even put thru a food proccessor (like veggies, meat, or my home cooking) I'm afraid to let him live off of yougurt, applesause and baby oatmeal! HELP! Any suggestions would be great.

mommie_2boys

Asked by mommie_2boys at 8:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried chicken nuggets? Tyson makes a 100% natural version that my son loves. He's 18 months now, but started on them at about your son's age. Also, sweet potato fries are a great addition to them, and if you really want to add fat, fry them in oil, but you can just pop them in the oven or toaster oven. Also, what about avocado? You can do bite size pieces or mash it up, whichever way he'll eat it. And what about regular, high fat cheeses? Most kids love cheese! Just be careful if he likes it too much because it can lead to constipation. Otherwise, just keep trying, it may take letting him try foods many times before he decides he likes them. Good luck!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 9:09 PM on Feb. 26, 2009