sleep study

hello my son is 16 months old and he has enlarged tonsils and adnoids which is most likley causing him to have sleep apnea, he has been gasping for air in his sleep I co sleep and still breatfeed and we have to do a sleep study I was wondering if anyone has had this done. Will they let me sleep with him next to him ?

muslimmom

Asked by muslimmom at 8:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son had a sleep study done at the age of 6months. The facility I was in required them to be put in a crib to sleep. They need to watch your son on cameras to compare the readings to his physical reactions. I was allowed to take him out to feed him/rock him back to sleep, then they wanted him back in the crib.

be prepared... there are ALOT of wires. I think there were a total of 26. all over his head, several on his face, the ones on his chest, and even a pulse-ox on his foot.

its not fun by any stretch of the imagination. be prepared not to sleep yourself, and come with any tricks you think will help your baby relax. good luck.... i hope it goes well.
    -Leann-

Answer by -Leann- at 12:05 AM on Feb. 27, 2009